Painting the Home Soon?
How about calculating the amount of paint you need before you buy as I have personally made the mistake of buying smaller quantities and it costs more overall so here is a great tool to do just that for any size home, this calculator is a must have : http://www.dulux.co.nz/products/paint-calculator/paint-calculator-interior?roomSize=l
Dulux also offers a great paint problem solver section including one of the most commonly noted problems, peeling paint - Peeling Loss of paint due to poor adhesion or one of the following:
- Seepage of moisture through uncaulked joints, worn caulk or leaks in roof or walls
- Excess moisture escaping through the exterior walls (more likely if paint is solvent-based)
- Inadequate surface preparation.
- Use of lower quality paint.
- Applying a solvent-based paint over a wet surface.
- Earlier blistering of paint (see Blistering).
Try to identify and eliminate the cause of moisture (see Efflorescence and Mottling). Prepare surface by removing all loose paint with scraper or wire brush, sand rough surfaces, prime bare timber. Repaint with a top quality water-based exterior paint for best adhesion and water resistance. Dulux recommends Dulux Acrylic Sealer Undercoat and Dulux Weathershield X10.